[TYPO3-core] RFC: #8092: defect wsid check in workspace-overlay delivering wrong record versions from DB!

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Fri Apr 11 13:32:39 CEST 2008

Franz Koch schrieb:

> Solution:
> correct the operator in the if-statement of the wsid-check from '!==' to
> '!='. Patch is provided in bugreport.

Why is this the solution? The original check assumed that wsid is an
integer. After your change an implict type conversion occurs.

I ahev no idea why, throughout the Core, the WS-id is strictly accessed as
integer, but as it is, we should figure out why at this point it isn't
instead of relaxing the check.

Masi

PS: Always attach the diff on the list as well.