[TYPO3-core] RFC #8040: Bug: Wrong check on creating folders in filelist makes them unaccessible

Moreno Feltscher moreno.feltscher at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 16:13:47 CEST 2008

On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 12:17 PM, Benjamin Mack <benni at typo3.org> wrote:
> Hey Moreno,
>
>  interesting topic. Anyway, I don't think we should just apply the patch
>  but set a general rule for TYPO3 and document it that it's not possible
>  to upload files with a "dot" at the end. Maybe we can even make it
>  configurable through the Installer ( a regexp! :-D).

My newest patch deletes dots at the end of files and directories.
Is this OK like this?

>  Plus: We need to know WHY the folder doesn't show up in the list, not
>  just deny this option completely on creation without any notices. Also
>  your patch only focues on folders, we need to check files as well.

It isn't shown because every time you select a folder the function
cleanDirectoryName [1] in t3lib_basicfilefunc is called and removes
the ending dot so no directory can be found.

Cheers
Moreno

[1]:
/**
 * Removes all dots, slashes and spaces after a path...
 *
 * @param	string		Input string
 * @return	string		Output string
 */
function cleanDirectoryName($theDir)	{
	return preg_replace('/[\/\. ]*$/','',$this->rmDoubleSlash($theDir));
}