[TYPO3-core] RFC: #8078: enhance debug stack trace reporting

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Thu Apr 10 08:30:44 CEST 2008

Hi!

This is SVN patch request. It oes not add value to users but helps developers. Therefore I propose to apply it both to 4.1 and 4.2.

Type: tweak

Branches: 4.1 and 4.2

BT reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=8078

Problem: currently stack trace in BE does not show line number. It makes it hard to trace function calls if a function calls another functions several time in different places.

Solution: add line numbers to stack trace. Earlier it looked like: "func1 // func2 // func3". Now it will be "func1#123 // func2#345 // func3#678".

Note: this can be considered as new feature, so I would like to have Ingo's word on commit/wait-till-4.3 about it. But as it does not add new features to end users, I think we all can benefit from it.

I am not sure who currently maintains 4.1 but I think I need to get his approval as well.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team