[TYPO3-core] RFC: #7986: Vertical aligned Icons in List-Module

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker-n0spam at no5pam-blackbox.net
Tue Apr 8 21:06:06 CEST 2008

Steffen Kamper schrieb:
> "Martin Kutschker" <martin.kutschker-n0spam at no5pam-blackbox.net> schrieb im
> Newsbeitrag
> news:mailman.1.1207673581.4938.typo3-team-core at lists.netfielders.de...
> screenshot as an example
>>
>> Ok, here it looks good. But your first screenshot is a bit disturbing.
>>
>> Knowing in advance if a column will be "empty" for all rendered tables
>> would be nice, so that it can be disabled. A different approach would use
>> CSS classes and a bit of Javascript at the end of the page to hide all
>> empty columns (no JS auto-detection, simply a code rendered diirectly from
>> the PHP that by then knows what's empty).
>
  > for sure there are a lot of things that could be done. So there is
the idea
> for 4.3 to rewrite the list module.

We all have plans for many things, no doubt, but I was talking about the
here an now for a proposed change for 4.2. But as it is now it I'm not
entirely happy with it.

I only suggested a way to enhance it, Dmitry suggested another.

> I think at this point for 4.2 we have the maximum of makeable,

Why? Dmitry's and my proposal are way from impossible or even hard to do.

> May be we make some enhancements in 4.2.1 or following.

I'm really grateful that you guys take care of the UI. Yet I 'm worried
that you think of it as a playground that you can shift around as you
like. But you cannot!

Many editors need training and in a commercial context you cannot allow
the UI to change every time. This will disturb editors, require
additional training which in turn will in turn be a problem for those in
charge of finance.

If TYPO3 is to be an enterprise CMS it has to be stable and predictable.
and ever shifting UI is not.

So here's a -1 to allow UI changes in the 4.2.x branch in advance ;-)

Masi