[TYPO3-core] RFC: #8005: Linking across domains does not work with nested domains

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Mon Apr 7 15:16:19 CEST 2008

Hi!

Steffen Kamper wrote:
> i think the discussion about feature or bug doesn't bring efforts.
> At least the more important thing is if the patch brings efforts.
>
> Ok, there is a feature freeze, that makes sense for come to a release. But
> on the other side, if there is a bugfix / feature (you can call it both,
> depends how you describe it) that really brings a lot of effort it should go
> in. The decision should be done by the core team and at least by the RM.
>
> Rules are good, but sometimes rules has to be broken also - most important
> should be the product "TYPO3"

I agree. Everything depends on how dangerous is the result of breaking the rule. I afraid if we break them too often, we risk instability in the product. I worked in several big companies and saw projects that failed exactly due to this reason: unable to stop at some point and finish one release to continue to another. This is what I afraid of.

Btw, Sherlock Holmes said once that exclusion void the rule (my free translation back to English).

> excuse my 2 cents here

No need for excuse :) We all work for TYPO3, so your opinion counts as much as anyone's. At least for me.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team