[TYPO3-core] RFC: #8014: remove empty tabs from TCEForms

Malte Jansen mail at maltejansen.de
Mon Apr 7 13:36:18 CEST 2008

Ingo Renner schrieb:
> Malte Jansen wrote:
>
> Malte,
>
>> In the TCEforms the default behavor WAS removing empty tabs ("1"). Due
>> to a patch it does not work anymore.
>
> which one? I remember it working, too. However, at some point empty tabs
> like the "Extended" tab appeared again although empty. So could you
> please point out the patch causing this if you know which one caused the
> change? Maybe you can use code.typo3.org to find it.
>
>> I have attached a small patch, which removes the patch and changes to
>> me the correct part.
>>
>> Please test the patch, to me it seems to work.
>
> will do if you can name the other patch.

In Rev. 3449. (Bug #7634)

Following should make the bug:

return $GLOBALS['TBE_TEMPLATE']->getDynTabMenu($parts, $idString, 0,
false, 50, 1, false, 1, $GLOBALS[$table]['ctrl']['dividers2tabs']);

To me it's new that the $GLOBALS stores the TCA in the way from above.

By the way, there might be an other problem in this patch for the
backwards-compability:
OLD: function getDynTabMenu($parts, $idString) {
NEW: function getDynTabMenu($parts, $idString, $table) {

Perhaps it might be better to use it the following way:
function getDynTabMenu($parts, $idString, $dividers2tabs = 1) {

Cheers,
Malte