[TYPO3-core] RFC: #8014: remove empty tabs from TCEForms

Malte Jansen mail at maltejansen.de
Sun Apr 6 23:47:37 CEST 2008

Hi Steffen,

Steffen Kamper schrieb:
> Hi Malte,
>
> i think it's a bug there. If you use the function getDynTabMenu with an
> uninitialized value or with 0 it hasn't the default behaviour, so i would
> change it there:
> function getDynTabMenu($menuItems,...,$dividers2tabs=1) {
function getDynTabMenu($menuItems,...,$dividers2tabs=2) {

Must be "2", because for backwards-compability we need disabled tabs.
The parameter was introduced 2 month ago. So all new functions using it
should use it correctly.

>        // ensure to remove empty tabs if value is 0
>    $dividers2tabs = intval($dividers2tabs)==0 ? 1 : intval($dividers2tabs);

So the default value for tceforms is "1", so it must be set there...

> btw - you don't need to shout loud ;-) I didn't remembered this change and
> fixed with debugging only. So it's good to have this list, and if something
> goes wrong it will be changed.
I'm just shouting because of the release of 4.2, because this one
"[TYPO3-core] RFC: #6670: Enable Tabs in Page Properties III" is until
now not included in 4.2...

Cheers,

Malte