[TYPO3-core] RFC: #8014: remove empty tabs from TCEForms

Benjamin Mack benni at typo3.org
Sun Apr 6 13:56:50 CEST 2008

Hey Malte,

thanks a lot for your input.

What I mentioned in my other post is that I think we should have a
different treatment of dynTabMenus where they occur.

a) the default behaviour in template.php is to "disable", not to
"remove" empty tabs. We should not change this because it would break
backwards compatibility. We experienced problems e.g. in the taskcenter.

b) BUT we could set the behaviour for TCEforms specifically, where
disabled empty tabs do not make a lot of sense. So it would be the best
to change all occurences in the tables.php of the core to dividersToTabs
= 2, and that would solve all problems then, right?

--
greetings,
benni.