[TYPO3-core] RFC #6415: Bug: preg_replace error on php5.2 sometimes resulting in empty pages.

Franz Koch typo.removeformessage at fx-graefix.de
Sat Apr 5 18:30:50 CEST 2008

Hi guys,

>> The code is the current SVN Trunk. As can be seen test2 simply return an
>> empty page. I can prove a BE login to anyone interested (Just write me in
>> private).
>
> Ok, the page is really huge (>1 mb). I have tried to import that content
> to my test environment (a html-element) and set
>
> config.prefixLocalAnchors = 1
>
> The content is parsed correctly and all local anchors got prefixed with
> the current page URL. This was on Debian Linux (etch) with PHP 5.2.0 and
> ini_get('pcre.backtrack_limit') gives me 100000 (default). Which is why
> I now wonder, how to trigger that error?

will this bugfix make it into 4.2? I already ran 2 times into this bug.
The first time on a page with quite some links due to the extension cal
and fe-editing. The second time on a page with about 120 or 150 images
that all where set to clickEnlarge (at first I thought the server
couldn't handle the number of thumbnails to create).

So please, please find a solution. The patch in bugtracker works good
for me. As mentioned in the bugtracker, I use a 'str_replace' as
fallback if the preg breaks, so that the fuctionality is still given -
even if that would mean, that some other 'href="#"' will get prefixed in
the regular page content (which won't be the case in over 90% of the
websites).

--
kind regards,
Franz