[TYPO3-core] RFC: #7982: Rename TYPO3 to TYPO4 and change all libraries accordingly

Helmut Hummel typo3 at jhpc.de
Tue Apr 1 19:07:32 CEST 2008

Michael Stucki wrote:

> Problem:
> Many people confuse TYPO3 version 4.0 and later and speak of it as TYPO4.
> To accommodate these people and make their lives easier we should rename
> TYPO3 versions released since 4.0 to TYPO4.
>
> The new versions are thus TYPO4 1.0 (TYPO3 4.0), TYPO4 2.0 (TYPO3 4.1), and
> TYPO4 3.0 (TYPO3 4.2).

this is nuts!!!

> Comments:
> Some notes on compatibility: I don't care much about it since extensions can
> easily be adopted with a simple shell script (attached).

you people are crazy! It took me five hours to update all my extensions, but
nothing worked after that! In addition the attached shellscript wiped my
harddisc and all may backups are not usable any more!!!

If this change is going into core, I will not use TYPO3, TYPO4 (or whatever you
name this lazy product) any more. Instead I will code my own CMS in the next few
days and sell it as closed source, so that I will make much money and keep all
fame for myself instead of sharing anything!!!!!

so long
Helmut