[TYPO3-core] RFC: #7982: Rename TYPO3 to TYPO4 and change all libraries accordingly

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Tue Apr 1 17:31:33 CEST 2008

This is a SVN patch request.

Problem:
Many people confuse TYPO3 version 4.0 and later and speak of it as TYPO4.
To accommodate these people and make their lives easier we should rename
TYPO3 versions released since 4.0 to TYPO4.

The new versions are thus TYPO4 1.0 (TYPO3 4.0), TYPO4 2.0 (TYPO3 4.1), and
TYPO4 3.0 (TYPO3 4.2).

To make the step complete we of course need to rename class libraries like
t3lib to t4lib and the typo3/ folder to typo4/, too.

Solution:
Attached is a patch which renames all occurences within TYPO3 4.2. Of course
all files still need to be renamed, but that is not possible to represent
in a patch, so just imagine I had done so.

Branches: TYPO3_4-0, TYPO3_4-1, TYPO3_4-2

Bugtracker reference:
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=7982

Comments:
Some notes on compatibility: I don't care much about it since extensions can
easily be adopted with a simple shell script (attached).

Attached is also the updated version of the logo. Thanks to Ingo Renner for
taking care of this!

Cheers!
- michael
--