[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bugfix/Feature #5779

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Thu Sep 27 09:15:35 CEST 2007

Oliver Hader wrote:
> Bernhard Kraft schrieb:
>> Dmitry: I hope your wish is taken in aspect with this solution as wanted
>> :) :)

Yes :) My main wish for .htaccess was that if you keep templates in fileadmin/templates, you can easily adjust .htaccess for client caching through File module. But you do not have to give access to this particular folder to ordinary users. I use .htaccess very much on every site and it really helps to speed up page loading.

> Thanks for your work. But, I'm not very happy the preg_matches for each
> file in a directory. If the allow-match fails, the deny-match is
> executed - so in most cases you'll execute two preg_matches for one file.

I read somewhere that stat() operations take long time on Linux, so a couple of preg_matches should not be very noticable.

> If e.g. the allow-pattern would be /^\.htaccess$/ and all files starting
> with a dot should be removed, use a negative look-ahead, like:
>
> /^\.(?!htaccess$)/

I remember proposing something like this a month ago or so.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
Web: http://typo3bloke.net/