[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bugfix/Feature #5779

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Wed Sep 26 19:46:16 CEST 2007

Oliver Hader wrote:

> /^\.(?!htaccess$)/
>
> Pattern match result:
> ".": true
> "..": true
> ".svn": true
> ".htaccess": false
> ".htaccess~": true
> ".htaccessBackup": true
>
> With that you can remove one of these two preg_matches.

THX !

I searched quite a while how to "negate" a preg - but didn't find any
good input - i tried a while but didn't come to a proper solution.

But the patch like attached now works properly.

The only drawback currently is that - if a directory is called
".htaccess" (for whatever reason) it will also not get shown - so the
exception of .htaccess for the handling of dot-files also applies to
dot-directories.

see attached patch.

PS: Oliver, could you contact me via skype (kraftb) or ICQ (113 830 220)
- currently I am working on making IRRE multi-language capable and I
would like to discuss this a litte bit with you ... just if you have time :)

greets,
Bernhard