[TYPO3-core] RFC: Make the "Doc" module a sysext

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker-n0spam at no5pam-blackbox.net
Tue Sep 18 22:22:24 CEST 2007

Benjamin Mack schrieb:
> * I think that the "Doc" module on the right menu is used little and
> that it should be included in the "User" module as a submodule since
> it's the list of documents that the User opened before. (so, therefore
> it gets renamed from "doc" to "user_doc").

Don't care. But I think we'll have - to make

> * Also, I want to make it a sysext in the same approach, so we have one
> less thing in the "typo3/mod/" directory. Plus: it's easy to remove that
> ext at some point (if somebody would feel we don't need it anymore).

I wanted to suggest for some time now to remove typo3/mod and turn all
it's content into sysexts. This means one path less to check for files
and images/icons. And it will set the UI dependencies of sysext
"version" and the WS right - the latter depends on the former ;-)

> * Also, I think that the name "Doc." is totally unusable. Nobody knows
> what is going on unless you click on it and figure it out for yourself.
> That's why I think "Documents" or "Open Documents" would be way more
> appropriate and understandable for people. Of course, we can change that
> label.

Isn't that too long for the module title area? Otherwise you are of
course right.

Masi