[TYPO3-core] FYI: Fixed bug 5701: linkHandler Hook Not Initialized Properly, patch supplied by Jeff Segars

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Tue Sep 18 11:40:31 CEST 2007

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] schrieb:
> Martin Kutschker wrote:
>> Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] schrieb:
>>>
>>> Btw, I never see problems adding hooks to maintanance releases
>>> because they do not change or add new features.
>>
>> They do add features if "only" for developers.
>
> But this is not counted as product features :) You cannot tell customer
> that this release is better than previous because it has a new hook in
> it. Customer will not pay for invisible things.

The point for the customer is that visible or not his wished can only be
fulfilled (at a reasonable price, without hacking, etc) with a certain
feature in place.

PHP developers never constrained themselves in this way. For this reason I
think that PHP version dependencies are troublesome. They added function,
funcion parameters and even changed default values and function results in
path level releases. IMHO this is horrible.

Masi