[TYPO3-core] RFC: no table icons shown when endtime is used

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker-n0spam at no5pam-blackbox.net
Wed Sep 12 21:42:45 CEST 2007

Franz Holzinger schrieb:
> Hello Benjamin,
>> Couldn't reproduce this problem. Can you tell me with what extension
>> this problem occurs and how I can reproduce this?
>> Seems no problem with pages and tt_content records.
>> Also if you say that it breaks compatibility, I'd suggest only adding
>> this to trunk.
>
> E.g. if you install tt_products and enter some tt_products tables, then
> you will see only the question mark symbol in the page and list module
> as soon as an end time has been entered. I think there should no be any
> demand to provide a special symbol for the case when a product's record
> is visible. This is fine with me if a record is unvisible (endtime is in
> the past) and no special icon is available.

Ah. IIRC the code determines from record setting some "filename
additions" to the icon name. If it doesn't find them it will either show
  the question mark icon or create an icon. The latter option is
triggered by a config variable, but I'm not sure if the whole generation
thing still works. It comes by default set to off.

Masi