[TYPO3-core] RFC: Refactored clickmenu to speed up the BE

Ingo Renner ingo at typo3.org
Tue Sep 11 10:27:04 CEST 2007

Hi Benni,

Benjamin Mack wrote:

> This is a SVN patch request.
> Type: Feature
> Branches: trunk
> display the clickmenu. It only speeds up the BE, but does not add
> something new in the user interface.

although no straight +1 yet, cool stuff!

here're some remarks:

in clickmenu.js
* Kasper's email is kasperYYYY at typo3.com
* please use phpDoc style comments for classes and methods
* please add a comment "deprecated since TYPO3 4.2" to the deprecated
functions  so we can remove them with 4.4 or 4.5 maybe
* what's enDisItems in show()? - no cryptic names anymore? ;-)
* in mouseOutFromMenu you check for IE5, IMO this is not necessary anymore

in tree.js
* please don't use inline if() {}, spread it over multiple lines as it
increases readability even if it's only one line:
if($('dragIcon') && $('dragIcon').style.visibility == 'visible') {
	$('dragIcon').style.visibility = 'hidden';
}
* another one: if (!event) event = window.event;

in template.php
* if (strpos($this->JScode, 'prototype.js') === false), can we finally
add some method to check for loaded js files, please?

other:
* the second level clickmenu (More options...) should be moved maybe 5px
to the right

if these things get fixed you get my +1, work good after testing!

Ingo