[TYPO3-core] RFC: Refactored clickmenu to speed up the BE

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Tue Sep 11 09:48:22 CEST 2007

Hi!

Benjamin Mack wrote:
> display the clickmenu. It only speeds up the BE, but does not add
> something new in the user interface.

The idea is nice. I did not try it but will. Clickmenu is slow at the
moment and improvement is really welcome!

Yet one more thing to add there is an _.htaccess with caching through
mod_expires, similarly to how it is done in typo3/gfx for images. This
way script will definitely be cached and will save extra 100-250 ms for
network attempts to check its change.

<skip next part of posting>

> So, I have two files in the ZIP file.
>
> == clickmenu.js ==
> Includes the refactored clickmenu. Has to be copied in /typo3/js/. You
> probably need to create this directory in your test environment.

Include it into patch :) It can create new files too. This way it is a
complete patch and easier to apply.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
Web: http://typo3bloke.net/