[TYPO3-core] Fix for "debug_check_recordset" in t3lib_db

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Thu Sep 6 10:11:31 CEST 2007

Hi!

While I like the patch, I have two questions :)

Bernhard Kraft wrote:
> Even if the variable contains for example a numeric "1" the check would
> not fail and
> would give a mysql-error afterwards.

Can it really happen that $res is not a resource or null or false?
mysql_fetch_xxx returns only those three I think. Or you want to extend
it generally, for custom extensions?

> Additionaly the query which failed isn't logged to devLog - which would
> (in my opinion)
> be another good feature helping debug.

Yes!

> Solution:
> Use the PHP function "is_resource" to check wheter the given $res
> variable is a valid PHP
> resource variable. Then use the PHP function "get_resource_type" to
> check wheter the variable
> contains a valid "mysql result" resource-var.

This may impact dbal. I am not sure if dbal uses this function in any
way (it should) but we may want to think how to ensure that dbal also
works with this modified version.

> PS: At least a patch/bugfix from me again :)

Welcome back ;) Always noice to see you :)

--
Dmitry Dulepov
Web: http://typo3bloke.net/