[TYPO3-core] RFC: initial cleaner backend

Tapio Markula tapio.markula at xetpoint.fi
Fri Oct 26 17:46:52 CEST 2007

Ingmar Schlecht
> Just for everyone's information: We will continue to ship the whole old
> alt_main.php backend structure for people who prefer it, but if
> everything works well, the new one with the cleaned-up HTML markup will
> be default.

please look my solution for this - it is fully functional
>> * cache clearing functions need to be called through AJAX to not reload
>> the whole backend

that works some level in Kasper's topapps and Stephan Galinki improved
that in tm_topapps - please look at that.

> OK, who could do that, any volunteers?

tm_topapps has some ready made stuff for the topmenu.
Well designed configuration too and reasoble way to extend the topmenu.
Please look at that.