[TYPO3-core] Fwd: locking draft patch, update

Kasper Skårhøj (GMAIL) kasper.typo3 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 20 01:27:07 CEST 2007

Hi Folks,

I heard from redacted user that him and his team can work on the last
features related to hard locking in november at earliest. I don't
have time to work on it before in January, so as it seems right now
they are the only chance to have the last things set which could
enable use to add it as a 4.2 feature.

On my todo list is this:

Minimum to put it in the core:
- expiry of locks by time		(kasper)
- clean-up during log-out	(kasper)
- admin module for managing locks	(podzeit et al) [tools module]
- interface missing for setting explicit locks (podzeit et al) [pop-
menu]

Optional for a first release:
- more backend feedback	(podzeit et al)
- implicit locking support by other than alt_doc.php	(podzeit et al?)
- optimized "is_locked" function (which currently make lots of
expensive look-ups for "extended" mode)

On Sep 25, 2007, at 21:20 , Kasper Skårhøj wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> I implemented hard locking for redacted user for the core. Showed
> it to Ingmar and Stucki which liked the patch. But before it can be
> committed, we need Boris to create a few things on his part. See
> the todo list below. I also have a couple of todos. So for your
> information we are awaiting this feature to be finished and
> hopefully can be a part of version 4.2
>
> . kasper
>

> Begin forwarded message:
>
>> From: Kasper Skårhøj <kasper2007 at typo3.com>
>> Date: September 25, 2007 9:17:53 PM GMT+02:00
>> To: redacted user <redacted-user at example.org>
>>
>> The patch was made on saturday agains the most recent SVN
>> repository. I showed it to stucki and Ingmar. They liked it and
>> agreed it could go into the core. But we need the admin interface
>> to be written for it first! Michael gave you two weeks for that ;-)
>>
>> Here is the todo list:
>>
>> TODO:
>> - expiry of locks by time	(kasper)
>> - clean-up during log-out	(kasper)
>> - admin module for managing locks	(boris)
>> - more backend feedback	(boris)
>> - implicit locking support by other than alt_doc.php	(boris)
>> - optimized "is_locked" function (which currently make lots of
>> expensive look-ups for "extended" mode)
>> - interface missing for setting explicit locks (boris)
>>
>> The highlighted items are those we need you to deliver before it
>> can be committed to the core. I will have to solve my pending
>> items too of course.
>>
>> - kasper

- kasper

How many women does it take to get a baby in 1 month?

Kasper Skårhøj
Tryggevældevej 8
2720 Vanløse
+45 20 999 115