[TYPO3-core] FYI: fixed bug 6340: rtehtmlarea not working with "Editforms on page" option

Stanislas Rolland stanislas.rolland at fructifor.ca
Wed Oct 17 08:23:08 CEST 2007

Andreas Otto a écrit :

>>> Do you have any ideas how to solve the issue?
>>>
>> I suggest to change the field names so that they start with something
>> different from 'TSFE_EDIT'.
>
> Does not help either.
>
> I am using uncompressed JS files at the moment
>
> document.getElementById(currentElement) has no properties
> http://typo3-scm.gimli.local/typo3temp/rtehtmlarea_htmlarea_597d0f772299b21d11c1a4e461288bb8.js
> Line 950
>
> Line 950 says:
> var elementStyle = document.getElementById(currentElement).style;
>
> Could it be that this is a problem which was introduced with a patch from Oliver Hader:

I am not familiar with that code introduced by Oliver.

You get into line 950 when:

is_object($this->TCEform) &&
method_exists($this->TCEform,'getDynNestedStack') and
$this->TCEform->getDynNestedStack(true) returned something.

where $this->TCEform is the form you instantiated.

My patch affected essentially localization. I can't see how it could
produce the error you are encountering.

Stanislas