[TYPO3-core] FYI: fixed bug 6340: rtehtmlarea not working with "Editforms on page" option

Andreas Otto andreas.otto at dkd.de
Tue Oct 16 17:38:35 CEST 2007

Stanislas Rolland wrote:

>> Do you have any ideas how to solve the issue?
>>
> I suggest to change the field names so that they start with something
> different from 'TSFE_EDIT'.

Does not help either.

I am using uncompressed JS files at the moment

document.getElementById(currentElement) has no properties
http://typo3-scm.gimli.local/typo3temp/rtehtmlarea_htmlarea_597d0f772299b21d11c1a4e461288bb8.js
Line 950

Line 950 says:
var elementStyle = document.getElementById(currentElement).style;

Could it be that this is a problem which was introduced with a patch from Oliver Hader:

/**
 * Access an inline relational element or tab menu and make it "accesible".
 * If a parent object has the style "display: none", offsetWidth & offsetHeight are '0'.
 *
 * @params object callbackFunc: A function to be called, when the embedded objects are "accessible".
 * @return object An object returned by the callbackFunc.
 * @author Oliver Hader <oh at inpublica.de>
 */
HTMLArea.prototype.accessParentElements = function(parentElements, callbackFunc) {
 var result = {};

 if (parentElements.length) {
 var currentElement = parentElements.pop();
 var elementStyle = document.getElementById(currentElement).style;
 var actionRequired = (elementStyle.display == 'none' ? true : false);

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Andreas