[TYPO3-core] Page/File browser for links should show pages a user cannot edit?

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Tue Oct 16 18:38:51 CEST 2007

Kasper Skårhøj schrieb:
> Hi Folks,
>
> When people links to a page or file or want to select images for a group
> field in the TCEforms they sometimes run into the problem that they wish
> to include a file or link to a page id which their page /file tree
> doesn't show them. In particular this problem arose in workspaces where
> no file-tree is mounted by default. So did anyone solve this issue?
> Basically we need to be able to mount (parts of) the page tree/file tree
> in a "read only" mode so it appears in the link browser but not in the
> Web> and File> modules?
>
> I can't get a good idea to solve this, does any of you?

I have some ideas for file mounts. A file mount may be in one of three
states: read/write, read/add-only, read-only.

Read/add-only would be the default for all read/write file mounts in DRAFT.

The setting of those states could either be global or user group dependent.
Furthermore it could be modified if the user is on a work space (eg a
custom WS could have the read/add-only override as DRAFT has).

To make the settings work correctly multiple file mounts have to be merged.
That is by resolving the file system paths it has to be determined if one
mount is within another. If this is the case the inner mount is discared
and the lesser permission are applied to the outer mount. This is an easy
way to prevent a breach of access control without having to check
permissions on a per directory basis within a file mount.

Masi