[TYPO3-core] TCEform improvements

Kasper Skårhøj kasper2007 at typo3.com
Tue Oct 16 14:22:56 CEST 2007

Hi Guys,

I'm working at Dassault this week, so I have some time for TYPO3
work. Here is a video showing the concepts of a few things, mostly
usability improvements:

- The buttons to save, close etc. is always floating in the top of
the viewport. Point is that the buttons are available at all times.
Other ways to do this is fine with me.
- Notice when I save in the end of the video that the saved form
returns to the position where it was scrolled to!
- Ignore the funny colored <div>'s around flexforms. It's working in
progress but the final point is that we can a) reorder, b) add new
(not shown), c) remove (not shown) and mini-maximize elements in
FlexForms. Vary useful for Flexible Content Elements.

I need HTML/graphical work on these issues (Jens?). I may also need
some JS coding help (I'm using prototype). I'm trying to focus on the
t3lib_TCEforms.php implementation. So I have two questions:

- Conceptually, what do you think?
- Will someone finish my work for TYPO3 4.2 if I manage to make a
sound technical implementation in TCEforms?
- (I assume we still can add features to 4.2, right?)

- kasper

How many women does it take to get a baby in 1 month?

Kasper Skårhøj
Tryggevældevej 8
2720 Vanløse
+45 20 999 115