[TYPO3-core] Poll for 4.1.3

Ingmar Schlecht ingmar at typo3.org
Sun Oct 14 20:15:13 CEST 2007

Martin Kutschker wrote:
> That reminds me... I recall asking for at least one use case within the
> Core or a sysext. There is no point in adding stuff. We rejected a PEAR
> directory arguing this is for ECT to handle. If we don't use this
> "library" we don't need it at all.

I don't find it that useful either to just add it, but it seems the
security team thinks this is an appropriate way of promoting the usage
of such a library. If we choose to commit it, it should be documented in
the TYPO3 Core API as the way to go, so chances increase that people
start using it and it actually becomes useuful :)

cheers
Ingmar