[TYPO3-core] RFC: TCEForms -- Group Field with one option does not have to be selected

Benjamin Mack mack at xnos.org
Mon Oct 8 16:34:05 CEST 2007

Hey olly,

thanks for the reply.

I agree with you, but it's mainly meant for selection fields where max.
one item can be in the list anyway (e.g. GRSP). I wouldn't then consider
it a different behaviour for the group since for the user it's a
different element (a "group" box with max. 1 entry possible doesn't
sound like a group to me ;-) - if you take it in real life, me as a
person is not a group either).

Also, I was only curious about this behaviour because a client found it
annoying in a "max-1-group-select" to select and then to delete the
entry. Actually, I had another client a couple months ago on the support
phone who didn't get that too, ("I click on "X" but the entry is not
removed" -- "well, you need to select it first").
Anyway, when I started T3 administration I was annoyed by this as well,
I remember.

So, I could go with this one:
* Keep behaviour for <select>s with a size bigger than one (TCA:
maxitems > 1).
* Change the behaviour only for <select>s where the TCA is maxitems=1,
like on the screenshots where you don't need to select the (only) option
first.

I'd change the fix for that if that is okay with you.

So, for the screenshot to clarify things:
* Current behaviour (select.png): where you need to select the item
before you can delete it.
* New behaviour: (no_select.png): No need to select the entry before.
Hope that makes it clearer.

greetings,
benni.
-SDG-