[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bugfix/Feature #5779

Ingo Renner ingo at typo3.org
Sat Oct 6 14:04:42 CEST 2007

Hi Bernhard,

Bernhard Kraft wrote:

>> * what about that commented line 17 in your patch
>
> This and the question of Oliver:
 > [...]
> .... get solve by removing the comment marks. Sorry ... I tested if
> everything works as before when having the old code - and tested the new
> line. If the comment "//" get's removed then also files/dirs in the
> element browser get hidden (t3lib_div::getFilesInDir)

ok, so please comment it out on commit

>> * please make patches start in the TYPO3 source root directory
>
> sorry. until now I always did:
>
> diff -ru TYPO3core.org TYPO3core.modified
>
> this results in a diff file you can apply with
>
> patch -p 1 < patchfile.diff

Of course I could apply it, eclipse is really nice for that ;-)
What I do is having a working copy in eclipse and directly making
changes to it. Then creating a patch can't get easier: right click on
the project folder -> Team -> Create Patch, done.

>> * are you sure you got all paces covered where dot files might be
>> visible?
>
> Well: currently I got:
>
> * Fileadmin (dirs and files)
> * Element Browser (dirs and files)

ok

> Hiding .svn files and similar in the extension-manager has been taken
> care of by someone else (i didn't look it up in the changelogs/svn
> changes on sourceforge)

maybe we should change that place in the EM to your new method, too if
it makes sense for consistency ...

> If we find a place where it is missing later on I will add it therer ...

sure

>> * please rename the funtion to ignoreFile()
>
> Why ? I see no reason for that ... if it is your wish I will do so ...
> but is there any explicit sense in that ?

just sounds/feels better, better english, ...

Ingo