[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug 5602: spamProtectEmailAddresses_atSubst is not recognized correctly

Helmut Hummel typo3 at jhpc.de
Fri Nov 30 11:56:28 CET 2007

it's me again,

Helmut Hummel schrieb:
> Hi Franz,
>
> Franz Holzinger schrieb:
>> I did not mean the normal case where @ gets replace. But only the case with
>> $GLOBALS['TSFE']->spamProtectEmailAddresses === 'ascii')    {
>>     $mailToUrl = $GLOBALS['TSFE']->encryptEmail($mailToUrl);
>> where only encrpytion takes place. Nothing will be replaced here.
>> Therefore it is redundant and wrong to apply the replacement function
>> for @ also in this case.
>
> That's wrong! As Oliver pointed out, there are two parts, which have to
> be replaced, the mailToUrl and the linktxt. The latter has to be
> replaced even if spamProtectEmailAddresses === 'ascii' or the plain
> eamail adress will probably be shown in the linktxt.
   ^^^^^^^^^^^^
sorry for mistyping :-/

One more comment on this: We could change the behavior of
spamProtectEmailAddresses === 'ascii' by "encrypting" the linktxt with
unicode, too and not replacing the atSubst and lastDotSubst, but since
this "feature" ist pointless as masi already said, I would not do so.

> So, here is my +1 for the patch based on reading (perhaps I can test it
> later this evening).

Managed to test it right now, so here is my complete +1

--
lib.salutation = TEXT
lib.salutation.value = Kind regards, Helmut