[TYPO3-core] FYI: added clear cache actions menu to backend.php

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Thu Nov 29 10:35:14 CET 2007

Ingo Renner wrote: on 29.11.2007 09:57:

>> On IE6 the position seems to be "broken". See
>> http://www.typo3-anbieter.de/bug-clearcache.gif
>
> a bare trunk installation? could you reproduce that on another
> installation?

A "bare" installation (my working environment, but no patches in trunk
code).

>> So if we need that feature, I would:
>>
>> a) make it configurable to have it there (maybe it is already, haven't
>> look at the code)
>
> you're free to make a patch =)

I am also free to veto the change? :) Just kidding..

>> b) make the "flash" button just "do" all clearnings (all + typo3conf),
>> because it won't hurt to recreate the temp* files again. We don't need
>> the drop-down menu with choices.
>
> no because: imagine clearing all caches (rendering + realurl, chashes
> and what not)  on typo3.org or any other large scale site. That's also
> the reason for the different colors: red = do not press the red button!,
> green = won't hurt

Which is why I would prefer only the "green" option as a button on the
top icon bar, the others can remain where they are or even somewhere else.

Ok, since I probably won't have any time to work on that (patch), I
guess it will stay like that until someone does. So let's keep it
moving! In general I am open for new ideas, and the "cleaner backend" is
going in a good direction.

Cheers,
Ernesto