[TYPO3-core] RFC: Multimedia in "Text w. Image" / Feature #6840

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Mon Nov 26 23:23:53 CET 2007

Martin Kutschker wrote:

>> content element. When applying the below patch (and set "multimediaTextpic"
>> in Install Tool) you will be able to upload SWF, AVI, etc. files to an
>> text-pic element.
>
> Why do we need that setting? Isn't it enough to modify the list of
> allowed extensions in the setup?

The list of allowed extensions is used for the "Multimedia" content element.

The list of allowed images is used for the Image/Text w. Image content elment.

By setting this option the list of allowed multimedia file-types gets added
to the list of allowed image file types.

>> Note that in the case you are going to use a multimedia element the fields
>> "Imagewidth" and "Imageheight" become mandatory !!!
>
> You don't enforce this in the patch.

Problem: The "imageheight" field is only a palette field. setting it to "required"
will result in confusing the users - cause an yellow exclamation mark is shown
which tells them that some fields have not been filled - but they cant see the
fields.

>> Solution:
>> I added the required file-extensions to tt_content TCA, modified css-styled
>> content so those multimedia files get rendered via the "MULTIMEDIA"
>> cObject.
>
> Sound nice but the MULTIMEDIA object sucks ;-)

It would be another patch to create a better "MULTIMEDIA" object. Why do you
think it sucks ? :) :)

> Does it work without CSC? I see only a path for it's TS.

Hmm. Thats an argument. I will also add it to the default TS when no CSC is
used.

> Can $GLOBALS['TYPO3_CONF_VARS']['GFX']['multimediafile_ext'] somehow be
> used in the TS? Maybe as a constant?

Yes. This is possible.

Improved patch follows this week (few time).

greets,
Bernhard