[TYPO3-core] RFC: Multimedia in "Text w. Image" / Feature #6840

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker-n0spam at no5pam-blackbox.net
Mon Nov 26 22:01:24 CET 2007

Bernhard Kraft schrieb:
> Hi !
>

> This is an SVN patch request.
>

> Branches: Trunk only
>
> Bugtracker Reference:
> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=6840
>

> Feature:
> Currently you can only place "real" images into a "Text w. Image" or
> "Images"
> content element. When applying the below patch (and set "multimediaTextpic"
> in Install Tool) you will be able to upload SWF, AVI, etc. files to an
> text-pic element.

Why do we need that setting? Isn't it enough to modify the list of
allowed extensions in the setup?

> Note that in the case you are going to use a multimedia element the fields
> "Imagewidth" and "Imageheight" become mandatory !!!

You don't enforce this in the patch.

> Solution:
> I added the required file-extensions to tt_content TCA, modified css-styled
> content so those multimedia files get rendered via the "MULTIMEDIA"
> cObject.

Sound nice but the MULTIMEDIA object sucks ;-)

Other questions:

Does it work without CSC? I see only a path for it's TS.

Can $GLOBALS['TYPO3_CONF_VARS']['GFX']['multimediafile_ext'] somehow be
used in the TS? Maybe as a constant?

Masi