[TYPO3-core] RFC: Multimedia in "Text w. Image" / Feature #6840

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Mon Nov 26 21:40:14 CET 2007

Hi !

This is an SVN patch request.

Branches: Trunk only

Bugtracker Reference:
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=6840

Feature:
Currently you can only place "real" images into a "Text w. Image" or "Images"
content element. When applying the below patch (and set "multimediaTextpic"
in Install Tool) you will be able to upload SWF, AVI, etc. files to an
text-pic element.

Note that in the case you are going to use a multimedia element the fields
"Imagewidth" and "Imageheight" become mandatory !!!

Solution:
I added the required file-extensions to tt_content TCA, modified css-styled
content so those multimedia files get rendered via the "MULTIMEDIA" cObject.

I had to set "GLOBALS['TSFE']->lastImageInfo" from within the cObj->MULTIMEDIA
method so the width for pictures from IMAGETEXT cObjects gets calculated
properly.

Alignment still works properly - you can mix images and multimediafiles as
you like :)

Diff attached and in Bugtracker.

greets,
Bernhard