[TYPO3-core] RFC: #4911: No function for adding alternative external URL for other languages

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker-n0spam at no5pam-blackbox.net
Sun Nov 25 14:10:16 CET 2007

Benjamin Mack schrieb:
> Hey,
>
> Martin Kutschker wrote:
>> It's the same for all other fields :-( page_language_overlay should
>> inherit the type from it's parent record.
> Is this possible somehow with some TCA magic? Meaning when loading the
> page_language_overlay in the TCEforms to automatically get some parent
> data to be used in the overlay as well (at least for displaying / using,
> not changing)

In theory yes, but it's simply not implemented.

There is the TCA-ctrl property transOrigPointerTable, which is used by
page_language_overlay. And in
t3lib_TCEforms->registerDefaultLanguageData() the original page record
is loaded into $t3lib_TCEforms->defaultLanguageData.

Maybe getRTypeNum() can be changed as such that it tests for
TCA[<table>][ctrl]transOrigPointerTable and if set uses the TCA of that
table to determine the type (using of course
$t3lib_TCEforms->defaultLanguageData instead of the supplied $row
parameter).

>> Quesition: What are those two conf.php files you change? No patch of
>> config_default.php that I have seen so far was ever reflected there.
> As seen in the BT, this is a migration from an extension and I took
> their changes. So, I dunno when these two conf.php files are used. I
> think I did a "grep" too to check where the files are used.

The change in typo3/sysext/install/modules/system/conf.php is within a
comment. I din't check the other file.

IMHO anyone who submits a patch here must check all changes, just
because it's in the BT is not a sufficient reason. The point is that we
not only verify the functionality but also the implications of a patch.
So it's important to understand what you submit.

Masi