[TYPO3-core] RFC: #6823 Remove "Disable RTE" checkbox in alt_doc.php

Benjamin Mack mack at xnos.org
Sun Nov 25 12:45:06 CET 2007

Hey Helmut,

as stated before I understand that this option is needed, but for most
of the cases you can use the "show HTML source" in the RTE itself. Most
of the people use this option. For the others, for each tt_content there
is an extra DB field "disable_rte" or so to disable the RTE for a
specific record.

Right now the options on the bottom are not saved in the record but are
globally set. My goal is to make the BE cleaner. I'd like to get rid of
all options at the bottom since they are not record-related but just a
small extract from the User settings and should therefore go in the User
settings module (recoding soon, as you see there is a big need for it).
If people want to change the look and feel of their BE environment they
should not look at the bottom of each page but rather have a central
place. Anyway, right now I'd like to remove this option but I imagine we
could introduce a "quick user settings" option palette at the bottom of
a page once the User setup is recoded.
I proposed the changes in the HCI list before coding, if you're
interested read more there.

So, you're still -1 on that issue?

greetings,
benni.