[TYPO3-core] RFC: #4911: No function for adding alternative external URL for other languages

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Sat Nov 24 21:48:12 CET 2007

Hi,

> * The only issue I have right now is that the three added fields are
> shown with every page type in the Backend. The fields are not used when
> the pagetype is something else than 4 (External URL) but it's not nice.
> Any ideas? I'm not as good in TCA to figure this out by myself. Anyway,
> that solution could be added as a follow-up to this patch here.

The problem is that page language overlays have no "type" field, so it's
not possible to distinguish between the different page types. Anyway it
would be difficult because the type would not be the overlay's own but
the original page's one.

The solution would be to add a type column and (ideally) have it
automatically defined as being the same as the page when an overlay is
created (which is complicated, because it would have to be be kept in
sync when the page type is changed...).

A (much) simpler solution may just be to introduce tabs to the page
language overlays the way it was done for the pages.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter