[TYPO3-core] RFC: #4911: No function for adding alternative external URL for other languages

Benjamin Mack mack at xnos.org
Sat Nov 24 20:49:59 CET 2007

Hey all,

this is a SVN patch request.

Branches: Trunk only

BT Reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=4911

There is no way to add a corresponding external URL in another language
when using the one tree model and choosing page type: external URL.

There is no facility to create an alternative external URL on the
default page or in the alternative language record.

Typo3 only allows one URL in the default language.

Solution:
Add the needed fields to the DB and the TCA.

Notes:
* I created a patch in response to that issue as I noticed this problem
as well. It works quite well for me. It also is compatible with existing
solutions as it takes the URL field of the pages_language_overlay first
and if that is empty it takes the original URL.
* The only issue I have right now is that the three added fields are
shown with every page type in the Backend. The fields are not used when
the pagetype is something else than 4 (External URL) but it's not nice.
Any ideas? I'm not as good in TCA to figure this out by myself. Anyway,
that solution could be added as a follow-up to this patch here.

--
greetings,
benni.

www.xnos.de // www.xnos.org