[TYPO3-core] RFC: Feature Request #5530: Hook in TCEmain after all database operations

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker-n0spam at no5pam-blackbox.net
Sat Nov 24 19:49:12 CET 2007

Ingmar Schlecht schrieb:

> I read Nils' and Oliver Klee's replies before your post, which is why I
> just pointed out to them that hooks are not allowed for 4.1.

4.1 is Michael Stucki's "baby". He always objected to new hooks. Please
ask again when he's back.

The main point was that an end user must not know the TYPO3 patch level
for any new features. And if an extension requires a hook, it's a
feature. We could add numerous mini features otherwise.

To me it seems it would be better to realease TYPO3 more often (eg 10
months instead of 14), than start the add-new-feature-policy-discussion
again and again. If I look at PHP I shudder. Features creep in any time,
so you have not to as for 5.1.x but for 5.1.2 or 5.1.7 etc which really
sucks.

Masi