[TYPO3-core] RFC: bugfix #6240, pageNotFound_handling returns empty page if specified URL cannot be retrieved

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Fri Nov 23 12:31:22 CET 2007

Helmut Hummel schrieb:
> Martin Kutschker schrieb:
>> Helmut Hummel schrieb:
>>> REMINDER
>>>
>>> it's a really easy to review and an obvious bug :)
>> No, I think Dmitry did that on purpose.
>
> sigh.
>
> Neither it was Dmitry who introduced this bug, nor it was done on
> purpose (I think). Please look at:
> http://typo3.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/typo3/TYPO3core/trunk/typo3/sysext/cms/tslib/class.tslib_fe.php?r1=1770&r2=1798
>
> There the $res variable (return of getURL) was introduced but the check
> was left against $content.

Ok, I see the point. +1 from me for the no brainer.

I think that the error handling for 4.2 can be improved, eg you can still
output the original error message (this is what the users is interested
in). If you log or output the getURL after the real error for the admin's
sake is a matter for (a short) discussion.

Masi