[TYPO3-core] RFC: bugfix #6240, pageNotFound_handling returns empty page if specified URL cannot be retrieved

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Fri Nov 23 11:20:38 CET 2007

Hi,

+1 to the nobrainer for 4.1 and trunk, since it will get back the
behaviour we used to have. Based on reviewing only.

In trunk we should at least send a warning to the sysLog when we hit
this case. But I agree with Masi that a more general approach is needed,
so these errors can be handled in a generic way (maybe by providing a
nice "fallback" that looks ok for a regular user and also provides a
hint to the admin where he has to look for the reason = sysLog).

Cheers,
Ernesto