[TYPO3-core] RFC: #6777 Introducing site constants

Steffen Kamper steffen at sk-typo3.de
Wed Nov 21 13:17:52 CET 2007

"Benjamin Mack" <mack at xnos.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1407.1195646653.14020.typo3-team-core at lists.netfielders.de...
> Hey Steffen,
>
> I partially agree with the others as just adding multiple constants does
> not make a lot of sense if they aren't used right now.
>
> e.g. Site title => would come in very handy for rendering the <title>
> tag - right now, a template record takes care of it. We could of course
> remove that field from the template and consolidate the data.
>
> e.g. Time / Date format => AFAIK there is a similar thing in the install
> tool already. So people don't know why they have to set it twice. Maybe we
> need to make sure that people get that it's for the frontend (I know I
> know it but the default user?).
>
> It would make sense to not add these variables to the css_styled_content
> but to a different default_config static template. Dunno.
>
> greetings,
> benni.
> -SDG-
>
> www.xnos.de // www.xnos.org

Hi Benni,

i absolutely agree. This is just a try to find a central point (from the
sight of the user)
one thing in TYPO3 is, that configs are spreaded around a lot of places and
for "usability" it would be nice to give them a central place.

I could make additional proposals for using the vars (e.g. take these from
Installtool to this place), but first I'm interested in your opinion.
I'm ok with finding another place, css_styled_content seemed to me a good
place because it's included in 99% of the sites, choosing different template
must be ensured that it's included.

So see that as a start in this direction, not the fimal solution.

vg  Steffen