[TYPO3-core] RFC: Splitting CMS-TCA into several files (clean up)

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Tue Nov 20 16:32:54 CET 2007

Hi!

Malte Jansen wrote:
> Creating a file "tablename.php" foreach table in a new subfolder "tca".

I afraid the answer is "no". I made profiling some time ago and found that the more separate TCA files exists, the more time it takes to parse. When they are all in one file, it is faster.

If anyone interested, serializaed versions of TCA array will take up to 10 times faster to load.

Splitting does not add any new feature but increases processing time. It is already not that good, no need to increase it.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
Web: http://typo3bloke.net/