[TYPO3-core] RFC: #6703 $TCA[table]['ctrl']['hideTable'] not implemented

Oliver Hader oh at inpublica.de
Wed Nov 14 15:28:50 CET 2007

Hi everyone,

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] schrieb:
> Ingo Renner wrote:
>> so I guess you both give a +1 one the patch which would outweigh
>> Olly's -1
>
> I am +1 for the patch but I am not sure we can override even a single -1
> with several +1s... I would like that feature to be in core. Let's
> convince Olly that it is good to have ;)

Hey, I didn't say that I don't like the idea. But there were some things
missing. The possibility to disable hiding tables is in fact required
for debuggin - like Ingo mentioned. Imagine IRRE with intermediate
tables that just store the relational uids and attributes, there's no
need to show them in the list view for regular purpose. But if you
develop or review another extension (if often get extension from other
devs concerning IRRE and test/check them) it's required that you can see
everything.
BTW, wasn't it you Dmitry, who said some time ago, that an admin user
must see and have access to everything on his TYPO3 installation? ;-)

So, the only thing I request on the patch is something, that call
disable the hiding defined in $TCA - maybe lets use the TSconfig
property 'hideTables' set to '0' or 'none' or whatevery which will
override the $TCA.

If this possibility is given, you have my +1... ;)

olly
--
Oliver Hader
http://inpublica.de/