[TYPO3-core] RFC: #6703 $TCA[table]['ctrl']['hideTable'] not implemented

Malte Jansen mail at maltejansen.de
Wed Nov 14 15:07:54 CET 2007

Steffen Kamper schrieb:
> "Ingo Renner" <ingo at typo3.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> news:mailman.1.1195045433.13089.typo3-team-core at lists.netfielders.de...
>> Malte Jansen wrote:
>>
>>> If you have an extension with many tables (e.g. mm_forum ~20). You don't
>>> need them all, because there is special admin-interface. You only need
>>> the two main-tables. So the author of an ext can make it easier for
>>> everybody.
>>> So if you really want to check worldshaking data, which should be in a
>>> hidden table, you can use phpmyadmin or unset the TCA-hideTable-fag  ;)
>> that's what I meant with the debugging use case =)
>>

>> Ingo
>>
>> --
>> Ingo Renner
>> TYPO3 Core Developer, Release Manager TYPO3 4.2
>
> let's do the patch as it is in the documentation, and then in next step
> let's find a working solution to override it with TS.
> Then we have all we need.
>
> Ingmar, surely hidden things shouldn't appear anywhere ;-)
>
> vg  Steffen

Perhaps we should commit patch first and than make an other patch for
the db_new part, because the doc-core must be changed.

I have checked the db_new. There should be no problem for the update,
you only have to add the same check there.

--
But why are the wizards hardcoded to the db_new?
They could be easily moved to there tca-config, so the could would be

So there must only be check for some TS for compability. New wizards,
can easily added or exsting one can easily replaced via TCA.
--

Cheers,

Malte