[TYPO3-core] RFC: #6703 $TCA[table]['ctrl']['hideTable'] not implemented

Malte Jansen mail at maltejansen.de
Tue Nov 13 20:44:44 CET 2007

Hi Oliver,

> Okay, but then the "bug" is the misleading entry in the documentation
> and the fix would be the removal of the 'hideTable' property in
> $TCA['ctrl']...

Ok, but I didn't know.

> There's already the TSconfig property 'mod.web_list.hideTables' which
> could also be used as static definition from an extension, but could be
> overridden by a TSconfig one specific page/branch.

Correct if I'm wrong. I have not done anything with the static
templaltes. But tested with this now

I'm including it like this in the ext_tables.php:
t3lib_extMgm::addStaticFile($_EXTKEY,'static/tables/', 'tables');

But now I have to add it to a template and that is not what solves the
problem...

> If also enabling this property via $TCA, there's no possibility to
> override this setting by TSconfig, e.g. like
> 'mod.web_list.unHideTables'. But then the next question comes up - which
> property takes precedence - hideTables or unHideTables?

I would prefere an additional 'mod.web_list.unHideTables'.

somewhere in the class.db_list.inc:
if (t3lib_div::inList($this->hideTables, $tableName)
     || ($TCA[$tableName]['ctrl']['hideTable'] &&
!t3lib_div::inList($this->unHideTables, $tableName))) {
     continue;
}

So you get following prioities (high top):
'mod.web_list.hideTables'
'mod.web_list.unHideTables'
$TCA[table]['ctrl]['hideTable]

Cheers,