[TYPO3-core] RFC: Feature #6670: Enable Tabs in Page Properties

Benjamin Mack mack at xnos.org
Mon Nov 12 14:31:29 CET 2007

OK. I like it, it's definitely an improvement. more Thoughts:

* Tab: "Files"
Rename the (only) topic from "Files" (which is duplicate to the tab
anyway) to: "Related Media Files" or something like that.

* Tab: "Access"
Awesome stuff. I like it. Just some textual changes again:
"Start"  => "Start Date"
"End"    => "End Date"
"Access" => "Website User Access Restrictions"

* Tab: Options
I have this thing called "Login Mode"? Do we need it? And

* Tab: URL
Rename the tab to "External URL"

* Your patch:
Line 18: Mopunt Page => Mount page
Remove any commented out code (like
"//$TCA['pages']['ctrl']['mainpalette']='1,15';") because we have the
info of the old versions in SVN.

As far as the rest goes my comments:
* Not in menu should stay in the General tab (see my other post).
* Extended tab is nice and the right way, if extensions want to put
their stuff in other tabs they can do this if they honor the new
tab-divided structure.
* I'm not opposed to integrate "URL" / "Shortcut" / "Mount" to the
general tab, since there is not quite a lot in it.
* Palettes shouldn't be shown in the beginning. There is a lot of
confusing stuff in it. So leave it as it is right now.
* Keep "TSconfig" and "GPRS" in options, only a couple but good
structured tabs is the key to simplicity.

If all these things are done, you have my +1 - hopefully we can get this
sorted out before wednesday...

greetings,
benni.
-SDG-