[TYPO3-core] Bug 633

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Mon Nov 12 20:46:37 CET 2007

Hi,

> But I remember that I had a similar problem recently (using entryLevel + special.directory
> in conjunction) - but it didn't work as expected ... I can't really tell what the problem
> was as I had to finish the project at that time - and didn't had much time to investigate
> and solve the problem properly.

I played a bit with the entryLevel property but could actually see no
impact, whichever value I set. So I agree that we should just forget
about that particular feature for the time being.

> I think if the patch works for you (and as it did for me in 2005) and as
> it works for many
> others - there are no objections putting it into the trunk and have a
> look if it makes problems.

Yes, this patch works for me and has worked for quite a few other
people, according to the BT entry. Having the menus not expand when
special = directory is really an unexpected behavior, so I think this
change of code is a real improvement.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter