[TYPO3-core] RFC: Feature #6670: Enable Tabs in Page Properties

Steffen Kamper steffen at sk-typo3.de
Mon Nov 12 10:00:54 CET 2007

"Daniel Pötzinger" <operation-lan at gmx.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1194856057.27290.typo3-team-core at lists.netfielders.de...
> Steffen Kamper schrieb:
>> ok, here is an improved version.
>> what i did:
>>
>> * removed mainpalette (so access e.g. is not automatic included at the
>> end)
> cool thanks
>
>> * splitted to main tabs:
>> ** general
>> ** metadata (if exist)
>> ** specific (Mount / URL / Shortcut)
> not sure if this is better to combine with first tab, because when i
> switch the pagetype i would expect this fields?
> But this way there is a better overview.
>> ** files
> just one field in it - but ok
>> ** access
> +1
>> ** options
>> ** extended (default empty and not shown, if an extension add fields,
>> they will be added here)
> This is not perfect for extensions like TemplaVoila, Templateselector.
> They will probably come with theire own Tab like "Design".
>
> What do you think?

this is no problem anymore, because empty tabs are hidden now.

>> I added a description in code for each type
> +1
>
> Also +1 for using more than one line to configure the fields in the tabs.
>
> Whats with a Tab "Admin" or "System" to split the field TSConfig and GRSP
> semantic from the other Options?

now option-tab is the same in any pagetype, so it's easy to remember where
the settings are. I used more tabs and i don't like too much seperation.

>> I didn't used palette with starttime etc. because now there is enough
>> space in access-tab to display each.
>>
>> I hope you like it.
> Yes its ok in my eyes.
>
> But Palettes  are always nice because the fields are grouped nice and the
> editor can see related fields.

access now only has fe_groups and the time-settings. Palettes are mostly
used to save space in big forms, now there is enough space.

> (Btw.
> I like the TCA option
> ['ctrl']['canNotCollapse']=1
> This way the palettes and therefore the fields alias etc.. are alway shown
> in the pagerecord and therefore not overlooked. What do you think? )

i know editors and there way to enter data in wrong fields, better to hide
this options that hides the page in FE.

vg  Steffen