[TYPO3-core] RFC: Feature #6670: Enable Tabs in Page Properties

Daniel Pötzinger operation-lan at gmx.de
Mon Nov 12 09:30:57 CET 2007

Steffen Kamper schrieb:
> ok, here is an improved version.
> what i did:
>
> * removed mainpalette (so access e.g. is not automatic included at the end)
cool thanks

> * splitted to main tabs:
> ** general
> ** metadata (if exist)
> ** specific (Mount / URL / Shortcut)
not sure if this is better to combine with first tab, because when i
switch the pagetype i would expect this fields?
But this way there is a better overview.
> ** files
just one field in it - but ok
> ** access
+1
> ** options
> ** extended (default empty and not shown, if an extension add fields, they
> will be added here)
This is not perfect for extensions like TemplaVoila, Templateselector.
They will probably come with theire own Tab like "Design".

What do you think?

> I added a description in code for each type
+1

Also +1 for using more than one line to configure the fields in the tabs.

Whats with a Tab "Admin" or "System" to split the field TSConfig and
GRSP semantic from the other Options?

> I didn't used palette with starttime etc. because now there is enough space
> in access-tab to display each.
>
> I hope you like it.
Yes its ok in my eyes.

But Palettes  are always nice because the fields are grouped nice and
the editor can see related fields.

(Btw.
I like the TCA option
['ctrl']['canNotCollapse']=1
This way the palettes and therefore the fields alias etc.. are alway
shown in the pagerecord and therefore not overlooked. What do you think? )