[TYPO3-core] FYI: Feature #6668: Let htmlArea RTE use the Ajax request of the Prototype framework

Ingmar Schlecht ingmar at typo3.org
Sun Nov 11 15:10:05 CET 2007

Hi Masi,

Martin Kutschker wrote:
>> Do we have any direction regarding such issue?
>
> Idea:
>
> Create a PHP interface for rteHTMLareas' AJAX needs. Create a Prototype
> implementation for the BE. In the FE anyone can implement the interface
> for his own AJAX framework. Besides this implementation he needs a way
> to tell the the RTE that it should use his class for AJAX.
>
> Additionally there could be one TER extension that provides for the sake
> of convenience those classes for common frameworks.

I think just coding the XMLHttpRequest by hand in HTMLArea as it used to
be is the better way because there's no extra hassle of keeping
compatibility with other JS frameworks. The biggest advantage of using
prototype for the AJAX stuff anyway was a leaner HTMLArea code base, I'd
say. But if that leads to finally more and more complex code due to an
abstraction framework, I don't think it's worthwhile to go that far.

What do you think?

cheers
Ingmar

--